Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Backdate: 14 May 07: My Conan the Bulimic

Well for the last few days following the bird saga, Conan has succeeded in gutting yet another felt catnip mouse toy (I've lost count, we've bought at least four bags of 6 in the past year, and he steals them from our neighbours too...).

But unlucky for me I've now cleaned up two piles of cat-yuck of undigested IAMS cat food on our deck, and then I got home yesterday evening to five new little piles of regurgitated IAMS catfood which I'd put water in to soften it (so he would digest it?? unfortunately not) and it appears from the pattern of puke that it's reminiscent of when he ate a frisbee-sized hole my father-in-law's cable knit jersey he got when he first entered the RNZ Air Force 31 years ago... and proceeded to bring up his food in projectile vomit in a pattern like a Catherine Wheel of puke. So it was smelly and plentiful and not my favourite thing to do on Lazy Sunday.

So ... I'm getting a little scared 'cause I've never owned a cat before, and although the neighbour reassures me that the bird will slowly digest and pass through, and no, there's no reason to take him to the vet, I'm still a little worried.

No comments: