Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Backdate: 11 July 07: Thank God for Ellenco!!

... is all I can say. Matt and I thought Conan was up to something, or something was a little off when we got home yesterday because Conan was winking lots with his left eye. Upon closer inspection he had a lot of gooby stuff in his eye, so I did my usual mum routine and wiped that shiz away.

A couple of hours later he joined me on the bed while I was chatting to a dear friend in Melbourne, and I noticed it was still a bit goupie so I checked out his freaky second eyelids and the left one was verrrry red. Poor little poppet!! So my day of annual leave which was intended for doing 'me' stuff (aqua jogging, getting wedding photos, sorting out the garage, starting on two new sewing projects and finishing the cushion covers I desperately want to get out of my house) ended up being for Conan. I got the aqua jogging and wedding photos done, but ended up running around getting him into the vet and then that was about it! GRRR!!! Every time I get a day or a half-day, if I don't get in the car and drive to Auckland then I end up running round after one of my boys. But that's beside the point, I'm just whingeing!!

Sooo anyway $119.00 later and a booking for next week for a checkup (which will be a $46 consultation plus whatever else they charge) and Conan's got to put up with having me wrestle him and put a tiny bit of cream in his eye so he gets better. Three years ago a friend got her cat insured and I thought that it was a)precious, b)ridiculous and c)a waste of money!! However upon finding out what she'd claimed back I thought hey, surely $18 a month can't hurt. Quite the opposite actually!! Ellenco Pet Insurance for cats and dogs is a total Godsend. We can now claim up to 80% of vet costs, excluding the usual stuff you can't claim for, up to a certain limit each year which we get nowhere near. However it's just fabulous!!

So check it out if you're tempted, but we're certainly looking forward to getting ... um... whatever 80% of $119 works out to. Nice!!!

http://www.petsonthenet.co.nz/petinsurance.htm

No comments: